ACYA CODE OF CONDUCT
Our organization is focused on providing a fun, sports-oriented experience for the children and families we serve. In addition to teaching proper football and cheerleading techniques, we also want to teach important character traits that will serve the kids well in competition and later in life. It is extremely important that the atmosphere at our park is is one in which EVERYONE demonstrates the highest level of respectful personal conduct, sportsmanship and fair play in everything you do. Kids learn best from the positive examples set by parents, coaches and volunteers they watch or interact with on a daily basis. We expect EVERYONE to be that positive example. We ask that everyone involved with the Atlanta Colt Youth Association agrees to be held accountable to Code of Conduct detailed below. Failure to do so can result in removal or suspension from the program, the park property, or more severe actions if necessary.
- I/ We agree to encourage a positive, supportive, and healthy environment —verbally, physically and mentally— for all kids at ACYA and will be responsible for my family's behavior being the same... positive, supportive and healthy - verbally, mentally and physically - at ALL times.
- I/ We agree that it is a privilege, not a right, for my child to participate with the Atlanta Colt Youth Association. Violations of the code of conduct can have consequences.
- I/ We agree to encourage and exemplify sportsmanship and fair play in all interactions or activities at ACYA.
- I/ We agree that the personal conduct of myself and my family at games, practices and other team events must be above reproach and represent the highest standards of morality, kindness, self-control and sportsmanship.
- I/ We agree to support the coaches and referees by being positive and respectful in all actions by myself and my family.
- I/ We agree to support ALL kids by being positive and respectful in all actions by myself and my family.
- I/ We agree to refrain from directing any abusive or profane language toward coaches, players, parents, opponents or anyone associated with ACYA.
- I/ We agree to communicate any criticism in a private, constructive and non-confrontational manner.
- I/ We agree to not instigate or participate in any confrontations in front of the children. Disagreements will be handled calmly in the absence of the children.
- I/ We agree to refrain from alcohol consumption or tobacco use during practices or games.
- I/ We agree that the priority objective is to provide a fun, sports-oriented experience for our children. Kids come first at ACYA, before parents and coaches.
If you witness a violation (or possible violation) of the Code of Conduct, you should contact the appropriate ACYA League Director immediately.
Email the appropriate League Director with the facts of the violation and your preferred contact information. Include as much information as possible (who, what, where, when, why, and/or how). Include your name and contact information as well as the names (and contact information, if known) of others who witnessed the offending conduct or issue. Statements from witnesses should also be included in the correspondence. The issue will be addressed by the appropriate ACYA League Director(s) expeditiously.
For contact information, please go to the About menu and choose Board of Directors option to locate the appropriate League Directors.